Stay the week-end in Rockford at The Holiday Inn Express or Holiday Inn. They will provide
grills, charcoal and a patio to BBQ. They are giving room discounts to all our Mud
Book your rooms now, click here!
TEAM REGISTRATION FEE: $225. Registration forms without payment will not be processed.
DEADLINE: July 25 or when the tournament is full.
COURT ASSIGNMENTS: and first game schedule will be posted on our website in late July.
DIRECTIONS TO THE PARK: Tournament traffic creates jams on
the roads leading to the park. Teams are responsible for
being on time for their first and all subsequent games. It is
strongly suggested that teams arrive at least one hour prior
to their first game.
- From Hwy 251 - At the intersection of 251 and Hononegah/
Elevator Rd., head west on Hononegah Rd. Follow this to
Dorr Rd. Turn right. The park entrance will be on right.
- From Rt. 2 - At the intersection of Rt. 2 and Main St./
Hononegah Rd., head east. Follow this to Dorr Rd. and turn
left. The park entrance will be on right.
- From I-90 - Take the Rockton Rd. exit. Go west on Rockton
Rd. until you reach Dorr Rd. Turn left on Dorr Rd. and
follow that to the park. The entrance will be on left.
TEAM CAPTAINS MEETING: Friday, August 5, 6:00 p.m. at the
Poison Ivy Pub, 5765 Elevator Rd., Roscoe, IL
August 6, 2011
Kelly Meyers Park
Mud Volleyball Rules
- Teams are responsible for being at their courts and ready to play for their
first and all subsequent games until they are eliminated from the
tournament. "Ready to play" means that all team members have checked in
with their Pod Coordinator, signed and returned their waivers, received their
wristbands, made any other necessary preparations to play, and are ready to
take the court.
- Teams that are not present and ready to play may be penalized one point
for each minute they are late, up to the total number of points for the
- Each team will be guaranteed 2 games. The first game will be to 30 points.
Subsequent games will be to 25 points. If circumstances require (e.g.,
weather delays, game delays, etc.) games may be shortened in order to
speed the pace of the tournament. The number of points played in
championship round games will be determined by the Tournament Director.
- A team may win by one point.
- A maximum of 8 people are allowed on the court at one time, two of who
- The ball must be served by the right back, behind the rear out of bounds
line and may be hit in any manner with the hand. Prior to service the ball
may not be loaded with mud.
- Net serves count.
- It is a foul for players to touch the net.
- Players of the serving team must rotate clockwise when receiving the ball to
serve, and the right back must serve.
- A point will be scored each team the ball is put into play, regardless of
which team is serving.
- Holding and throwing the ball while it is in play is a foul. The play must
be distinct batting of the ball.
- Three hits to a side. A player may not hit the ball twice in succession. A
block is not considered a hit.
- A ball may be played by any part of the body.
- It is a violation to spike with two hands.
- Only the front line is permitted to spike.
- Everyone participating must wear flat soled shoes. NO SPIKES.
- Rules are subject to referee's interpretation.
- Any player arguing with or abusing an official will be asked to leave the
game and immediate vicinity. Failure to leave will cause his/her team to
forfeit that game. A player ejected from a game will not be allowed to
participate in any further games.
- Referees' decisions are final. No protests.
- Substituting will only be allowed from the serving position, except in cases
- A court consists of a net and genuine Roscoe Mud.
- A player cannot play for more than one team at the same time.
- If a team needs a player, arrangements must be made with the Tournament